11 May, 2009
It was then, and it was beautiful
This top image is what the doctors wore during the Bubonic Plague. They were shaped like a birds-beak because it was believed "good air" would not infect a human, so herbs were placed at the tip of the beak so that the air would be pure for the doctor and prevent him from getting the plague. So great.
The last three images are by Gustaf Tenggren, from an extremely rare 1923 edition of Grimm's Fairy Tales. God illustrations used to be so incredible.
- Scratch My Palms; There's Blood on My Hands
- shit lovers, this is true love
- REAL TALK
- BROKEN FOOT
- Just a thought
- EVERYTHING WAS BEAUTIFUL AND NOTHING HURT
- These are Helmut Newton and his wife's portraits ...
- Serious Babe
- My life as I know it
- This is NOT okay
- This is why Wife Swap is the best show on televisi...
- Cigarettes at night : 5, Cigarettes in the morning...
- SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE
- EVERY DAY
- A thought...
- Looking for a reason to go on
- It was then, and it was beautiful
- NASCENTES MORIMUR
- “Now I am coming Sophie and I will go to school wi...
- [G]olden Days.
- It smells like METAL
- CUTE BABY BEINGS
- I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!
- Can your pussy do the dog?
- HOLY MOTHER GLAMOUR
- Things that I think are nice at this time
- On This Day of Glamour
- ▼ May (41)