19 May, 2009

Cigarettes at night : 5, Cigarettes in the morning : 5 Self-Parody : 62, Truth in Love : 12

I have always found Tristan Tzara's writing to be insanely profound, nihilistic, sarcastic and horrifying. He seems like he was such a badass ahead of his time, someone that I would love to just sit and listen to talk and and be hypnotized by his spoken words as much as I am by his written words. Here's some of his prose on "Dadaism" that I just absolutely adore more than I can even explain:

I say unto you: there is no beginning and we do not tremble, we are not sentimental. We are a furious Wind, tearing the dirty linen of clouds and prayers, preparing the great spectacle of disaster, fire, decomposition...

I detest greasy objectivity, and harmony, the science that finds everything in order. Carry on, my children, humanity . . . Science says we are the servants of nature: everything is in order, make love and bash your brains in. Carry on, my children, humanity, kind bourgeois and journalist virgins . . I am against systems, the most acceptable system is on principle to have none...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I DONT HAVE FRIENDS I HAVE CATS