29 April, 2009

Film Ist: A Girl and A Gun




Gustav Deutsch has been labeled a "maestro of found footage filmmaking," (douchey right? Who says maestro?) but either way this film looks so sick and I plan to try to head to the Tribeca Film Festival to see it in action. It's described as "a stunning array of color-tinted images from a variety of genres, including scientific, erotic, fiction, and actuality films" including shots taken from the Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender and Reproduction, enabling him to incorporate sequences from especially rare erotic and sex films into his latest oeuvre. He divides the narrative into five parts: Genesis, Paradeisos, Eros, Thanatos, and Symposion- which reminds me of my Space Gender and the Body class. Oh to be a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I DONT HAVE FRIENDS I HAVE CATS